Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Support the store’s commercial objectives (Vitality Calendar) through the effective planning and implementation of specific marketing initiatives within the store’s primary marketing area (PMA) in coordination with the Marketing team – SO, as well as developing and implementing any Local marketing activities in support to drive footfall and repeat visitation to the store.
Member of Management and Commercial team.
Owner of the IKEA FAMILY program and family section with support of Sales, Comm-In and Logistics to drive enrolment and ensure customers’ loyalty. Act as the in-store main point of contact for in store survey and research either as part of a national or local initiative.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
IKEA Store assignment:
- Coordinate and liaise with the Marketing team in Service Office for supporting national marketing initiatives (e.g.: Seasonal Launches, promotions on local web pages, soft toy campaign and other offline initiatives) for driving traffic and supporting the Vitality calendar.
- Optimize sales by executing any local marketing initiatives to drive traffic
- Support, create and contribute the vitality calendar by coordinating with the Marketing team – SO to execute details of national marketing initiatives.
- Partner with other store management team and organize general meetings, activities linked to the launch of business plans, seasonal parties and other events.
- Obtain relevant product and service information from the various departments and communicate it to the store’s co-workers, allowing them to communicate to our customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop, identify, utilize and update communication channels for delivering key messages (i.e. Intranet, monthly store newsletter, etc.).
- Manage local CSR initiatives and support the development and implementation of local sustainability and corporate social responsibility plans and activities for your store and within your local community.
- Act as the local market ‘specialist’ understanding customers by utilising key data sources, including Brand Capital, ICSS, and IKEA FAMILY, sharing this information to assist with store decision making and recommendations.
- Coordinate with the Research function in SO as well as managing any local driven research.
- Prepare post-campaign reports for local market campaigns, drawing conclusions and providing future recommendations.
- Undertake any additional activities as directed by the Local Store Manager.
- Responsible to perform Duty Manager tasks on weekends as per the schedule provided (morning or evening).
- Able to work on weekends.
IKEA FAMILY assignment:
- Responsible of the IKEA FAMILY program as a marketing activity as well as a commercial activity.
- Work closely with other store functions (e.g.: commercial team) to ensure we communicate the IKEA FAMILY strategy, concept and benefits and that all IKEA FAMILY offers are available and visible throughout the store, presented & communicated in the best possible way:
- Offers on Products
- IKEA FAMILY shop is in shape as new at all time.
- Offers on Services
- Offers on IFB
- Inspirational activities, such as seminars
- Work with other store functions and IKEA FAMILY country manager to plan and implement local commercial activities and seminars, to drive customer traffic to the store and to ensure the vitality of the program.
- Ensuring internal awareness in store and the impact of the IKEA FAMILY membership has on our long-term growth and profitability.
- Ensuring that the IKEA FAMILY offers from external partners are communicated as additional benefits to our members.
- Work with IKEA FAMILY country manager to effectively use the IKEA FAMILY membership data for local initiatives.
- Always look at the store through the eyes of our customers finding ways to drive membership recruitment and inspire our co-workers to do the same.
- Develop local/store additional offers based on the local market needs.
- Achieve the agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Required Skills to be successful:-
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good Business acumen
- Demonstrate service minded and customer-oriented attitude.
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up on goals
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with different target groups (co-workers, store’s management team) resulting in the establishment of strong communication networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a larger team
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree (Masters Preferred)
- 8-9 years’ experience in retail Marketing.
- Must have worked in IKEA before.
- Proven ability to achieve goals.
- Thinking and Analytical Skills.
- Business Acumen
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
- Good communication skills
- Excellent relationship skills
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
To apply for this job please visit www.afuturewithus.com.