Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To look after all the sales activities in assigned market. Directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
Responsible to drive sales and commerciality with commercial calendar, add on/activity sales, double exposure and other sales promoting actions.
- Manage all operating costs related to your departments.
- Achieve the sales budget and gross margin goals set by the store manager for Market Hall and Showroom.
- Make sure that sales forecasts are adapted to the sales in order to achieve an optimal goods flow.
Control expenses to meet budget guidelines and determine price schedules and discount rates.
Merchandising and Display
- Plan together with the Communication and Interior (Comm-in) Design Team the presentation of the store merchandising in line with the IKEA concept and guidelines, as well as evaluate the results so as to achieve sales targets. In addition provide input regarding style and target groups in order to ensure the planning of the sales areas.
- Keep up to date with the competition in the furnishing industry so as to contribute to future development of the IKEA business.
- Marketing/ Business Development
- Direct the implementation of store activities with support to the marketing campaign and evaluation of business and article performance.
- To achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the store manager for your areas (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI).
Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provide effective leadership to a culturally diverse team of sales staff.
Be responsible for selection of competent staff and their on-going motivation, training and development.
Required Skills to be successful:-
Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
Must have a strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings.
Must have highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge.
Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree (Masters Preferred)
- 8-9 years’ experience in retail and sales management
- Must have worked in IKEA before.
- Proven ability to achieve goals.
- Thinking and Analytical Skills.
- Business Acumen
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
- Good communication skills
- Excellent relationship skills
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
To apply for this job please visit www.afuturewithus.com.