Full Job Description
The Traffic Management Specialist arranges the shipment of Pre-positioned War Reserve Material (WRM) cargo to various worldwide destinations via air, land, and sea. Incumbent must comply with all applicable International and Federal Transportation Laws, Regulations, Tariffs and Department of Defense guidance. Ensures all shipments presented meet International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR). Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Inspects and accepts documentation (DD Form 1149/1348-1) for outbound cargo offered for shipment in the Defense Transportation System (DTS) for completeness, Transportation Account Code, accuracy, Hazardous/Classified, or ITAR certification.
- Processes, verifies Nomenclature, Hazard Class, and Quantity, and inspects outbound cargo offered for transportation.
- Properly classifies freight, selects commodity codes, selects most efficient mode of shipment, and controls obligations for government transportation funds.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials to ensure proper packaging, marking, labeling, documentation and certification in accordance with applicable Dangerous Goods Regulations (AFMAN24-204, 49Code Of Federal Regulation, International Maritime Dangerous Goods, etc).
- Selects and initiates contact with local carriers to arrange appropriate transport equipment for containers, classified, sensitive, hazardous, or out sized shipments based on the size, weight, commodity description, freight classification, required delivery date, priority, or other special requirements.
- Uses automated computer systems and programs to process and document all freight, (CMOS, GATES, IBS,).
- Prepares all required shipping documents for data input to CMOS/GATES, assigns Transportation Control Numbers, produces labels, issues truck manifest for general/hazardous cargo, Maintains Manifest logs.
- Accurately inputs the Transportation Control Numbers, Transportation Accounting Codes, consignor and consignee codes and other essential transportation data into the Cargo Movement and Operations System (CMOS) and or Global Acquisition and Transportation Execution System (GATES).
- Prepares Truck Shipping Documents for Line Haul Intertheater/Intratheater between sites, container movements from Sea Port of Embarkation to Sea Port of Debarkation, and local movements.
- Processes Export Traffic Release Requests (ETRR) for sealift shipments using Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC) Integrated Booking System (IBS).
- Provides In-transit Visibility through the Global Transportation Network (GTN) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) servers, and Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
- Performs Port Handling and Inland Transportation (PHIT) duties as designated Work Monitor for Inbound and Outbound Line Haul Sub Contractor trucks. Inspects and documents each shipment for contract compliance on a Customer Service Survey form.
- Performs Host Country customs clearances and liaises with Military and Host country Ministries on Import and Export for Border Customs Clearances, Airport Customs Clearances, and Seaport Clearances.
- Inspects, accepts and inventories Inbound Air Cargo, Line Haul Trucks, and Containers.
- Inventories and inspects all incoming freight for damage prior to acceptance. Initiates and completes SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (DISREP) as required.
- Prepares and handles cargo in accordance with all prescribed regulations, instructions, technical orders and procedures.
- Performs weighing of cargo, vehicles and outsized cargo to determine center of balance for rolling stock and
ensures cargo dimensions within pallet and aircraft limitations.
- Maintains operational stock levels of all 463L assets.
- Loads/unloads all 463L pallets, 40 foot and 20 foot sea van commercial/military containers and 40 foot Flat
bed/Low bed trucks.
- Inventories, documents and loads/unloads outbound/inbound freight as required. Assists in loading/unloading
Military vessels at seaport.
- Processes passengers for air transportation, handle baggage, load/offload aircraft. Completes security checks of
passengers and baggage.
- Operates MHE, wide body loaders, and cranes.
- Safely transports and handles explosives.
- Prioritizes and schedules work assignments of subordinate personnel.
- Implements, documents and controls quality, training, environment and safety programs.
- Maintains Technical Orders, publications, forms and files required for Traffic Management operations.
- Compiles data and submits reports and other correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess as valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years experience in Traffic Management (TMO)/Air Freight operations or Associate Degree in
a related field of study required.
- Work experience in freight acceptance, preparation, processing, inspection, documentation and handling
procedures is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to prepare, certify and/or inspect Hazardous Materials for Air
Transportation IAW AFJMAN 24-204 upon selection.
- Experienced in palletizing cargo on single, multiple/married 463L pallets using side and top nets, straps, chains
and devices for restraint. Experienced in aircraft cargo loading/unloading and cargo tie-down restraint procedures
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a T1/NACI Clearance.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors
for extended periods.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as
required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentum.com.