Website Deutsche Bahn AG
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
For the Qatar Rail project we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d) from the railway domain,
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Review of 3rd party applications in reference to Metro/LRT/Long Distance project interfaces for the operational railways and future phases, including review of plans, schematics, calculations, and specifications
- Work with all involved parties, access proposals, make recommendations and determine comprehensive response to 3rd Party requests
- Coordinate and collaborate with all Qatar Rail departments/agencies/authorities, designers, and contractors internal & external to ensure comprehensive, conclusive and timely response
- Provide infrastructure interface & coordination services (assistance, guidance) for the Qatar Rail schemes in relation to multiple interfaces with applicants, designers, utility agencies, contractors, stakeholders, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable requirements, codes, ordinances, and standards (NOC, MME, DR, RO, PTW, others); with sound understanding of utility works
- Monitor and track correspondence (documentation of day-to-day work)
- Support the manager and relevant departments in design review, assisting in approval process and other duties
- Ensure & check completeness of documents and submissions. Provide and prepare interface drawings and relevant documents
- Work as link between PMC, D&B contractor, Service Provider and third parties
- Participate and create manuals, procedures and methods dealing with stakeholder. Identify elements for optimizations and improvement of the department
- Attend and record meetings and act as contact person for local authorities
- As required, inspect sites on a periodical basis to ensure conformance with permits, design specifications and adherence to quality. Provide site inspection reports
- Resolve issues within level of authority and/or address modifications or changes
- Plan, organize, track, control and evaluate the assigned functions and activities. Works proactively and responsibly
- Maintains logs and records of work performed; prepares periodic and special reports as required. Maintain accurate reports of ROs and permits (received, responded) and other assigned activities
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- A minimum of 4 years of documentable experience in fields of railway, road / utility design and/or construction. GCC experience is beneficial. Experience in Metro/ Rail projects
- Local Qatar Metro experience & knowledge preferred. Strong knowledge and experience with design and construction and management of large-scale infrastructure project
- Sound knowledge of industry best practice, local codes and regulations
- In depth knowledge and experience with planning, design, and construction of metro railways, water, wastewater, storm drainage, irrigation, power transmission and distribution, gas, oil, district cooling, steam pipelines, telecom, etc.
- Registered as professional engineer and/or Membership with professional bodiesis desirable
- Knowledge of standards, building requirements and understanding of the statutory requirements of the State of Qatar
- Knowledge of permitting procedures (NOC)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Experience with web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management software (i.e. Aconex, QDRS/QPRO, MME Building Permit System)
- Experience and good skills with AutoCAD and ArcGIS.
- Good technical writing skills in English (Arabic beneficial)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers.