Website Qatar Airways
About the role
As a Lead Housekeeper, you will be responsible to coordinate and supervise execution of cleaning and housekeeping services across Qatar Airways Residential buildings owned as well as leased properties. Additionally, the role will be required to oversee and manage works executed by service providers appointed either by QR or building owners as per contractual scope of work.
- Responsible for overseeing the general cleaning of apartments and common areas of residential buildings leased or owned by Qatar Airways.
- Responsible for overseeing of service providers daily / weekly / monthly cleaning schedule and ensuring work completion as per Qatar Airways standard and the scope of work prescribed in the contract.
- Advise the Housekeeping Supervisor of new requirements that need to be included in the SOW to meet operational requirements.
- Visit the assigned number of Qatar Airways owned or leased properties and ensure that the quality of the Cleaning Services is maintained as per Qatar Airways standards.
- Execute Quality Control System through daily inspections schedules and unplanned checks.
- Ensure Service providers and contractor’s staff follow cleaning processes as trained in order to achieve the required standards.
- Ensure timely corrective measures are taken, on a need basis, to address any non-confirming situations, notify Officer of any recurrence of such issues.
- Maintain daily absentee log to ensure replacement is provided in a timely manner.
- Propose recommendation to officer from time to time on improving the approach to cleaning, thus improving the appearance & cleanliness in the facility.
- Participate actively in contract formation and provide input to housekeeping supervisor through SOW and Technical Evaluation.
- Ensure that housekeeping and cleaning services are performed as per approved SLA at all times.
- Ensure that health and hygiene standards in QR staff occupied buildings are maintained as per industry standards.
- Document the tasks carried out by service providers.
- Conduct routine as well as surprise site visits to ensure:
- Manpower requirements are maintained.
- Quality of Cleaning is maintained.
- Contractual obligations are met.
- Non confirming situations and compliance thereof are addressed.
- Inform Superiors on key issues.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Lead Officer.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification.
- Hotel Management or Housekeeping OR Diploma in Hotel Management OR Diploma or Certificate in Housekeeping
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience ideally in Hospitality Industry/ Corporate Offices as Cleaning Supervisor
- Experience in Housekeeping in Hotel / Hospitality / Facilities Management will be considered.
- 2-4 years of experience working in Gulf countries or Metro cities preferably in Hotel / Hospitality / Facilities Management.
- Written & spoken communication skills for teaching, mentoring and extracting cleaning related works from untrained workers of various nationalities.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent command of English language written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a cross culture environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and self-discipline.
- Should be motivated, responsible and focused.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid Qatari or a transferable driving license
- Excellent computer skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.