Website Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences
Full Job Description
- Provides comprehensive and diligent orthopedic care to all assigned patients, including pre- and post-operative care and such orthopedic procedures as are within incumbent’s competence.
- Performs professional duties at OPD at which out-patient orthopedic care is to be rendered to patients.
- Provides consultation services to physicians and other surgeons and specialists, on in-or out-patient cases if and when required.
- Assumes after hours responsibility for the care of admitted orthopedic cases and makes daily rounds for those hospitalized.
- Refers to specialists or consults with them on those cases which are beyond his skill or experience.
- Adheres to the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the medical department and assures that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of hospitals.
- Consults with anesthetist on the choice of anesthesia to be used.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all assigned cases.
- Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as lectures, conferences and rounds.
- Keeps informed as to current developments in the field of orthopedics.
- Determines which surgical and related services procedures are proper to undertake and when new techniques will be utilized. Determines requirements and initiates action to assure availability of special equipment and supplies.
- Maintains professional quality standards.
- Utilizes and monitors to assure the use supporting services (Nursing, Operations Support, Pathology, Radiology) in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Orthopedist.
- Referring Physicians & other specialist
- Patients & Families
- Others as related to the evaluation & care of patients
- MBBS + MS Orthopedics
- Total work experience post MBBS + MS Orthopedics – Minimum 5 years
- Post MS Orthopedics – Minimum 3 years of work experience in Government / Semi Government or Teaching Institute
- Skills – Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction and meniscal repair
- Must be highly skilled in the particular field of practice, with mature clinical judgment and ability to provide professional leadership. He / she must have a thorough knowledge of Surgical Department policies and procedures with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work; personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
Aster Hospitals , one of the largest private healthcare service providers in GCC, aim to make a difference with our patient-centric approach to medical care and an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence. Currently, Aster Hospitals are located in 4 countries in the GCC specializing in primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare.
These include Aster Hospitals (Mankhool and Al Qusais) in UAE, Aster Al Raffah Hospitals (Muscat, Sohar and Ibri) in Oman, Aster Hospital (Doha) in Qatar and Aster Sanad Hospital (Riyadh) in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia delivering on a simple yet strong promise to its people: “We’ll treat you well.” Overall, Aster DM Healthcare Group has a strong presence in GCC and is an emerging healthcare provider in India with 25 hospitals, 116 clinics and 238 pharmacies manned by 20,500+ workforce (including approx. 1250 doctors on fee for service basis) from across the geographies.
To apply for this job please visit hcdt.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.