Website My Cookie Dough
Full Job Description
Company: My Cookie Dough
Position Title: Chef De Partie
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Location: Gate Mall – Doha, Qatar
Employment Type: 48 hours, Full time
Experience: Minimum 2 Years or More
Our little story begins, when our sweet-toothed founders met at university. They soon found they both had the knack and passion for creating delicious, sweet things, so they set out to bless the world with something truly mouth-watering.
They had made the perfect cookie dough, which was nothing like the world had seen before.
With a top-secret recipe (hush hush!) and a one-of-a-kind baking method, MyCookieDough was born. Our cookie dough is freshly baked, with a soft gooey consistency that makes the taste buds squeal in delight.
2014 our Cardiff store was born, shortly followed by stores in Birmingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City in the UK and now we are going international.
Do you have what it takes to join our MCD family? We are an innovative and growing company who is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Chef De Partie.
The Chef De Partie is responsible for keeping a portion of line cooks or station chefs’ on time and organized during production. In our kitchen the Chef de Partie may also be a station cook and assist with cooking, preparation and plating. Chef de Partie ensures each menu item from his station(s) is/are prepared on time and meet the presentation style and quality standard required. He or She also ensures that health and food safety standards are practiced and he helps troubleshoot any kitchen issues that may arise.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING:
- Have a good work ethic and supports our brand.
- A passion for delivering the best customer service to our customers.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Thriving in a busy environment
- Enjoy working with people
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fully flexible.
- Available on weekends for working.
- Clear communication
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Truly passionate about food
- Energetic & personable
- Great organisational skills
- Open to learn
- A team player
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooking and service of food according to the restaurant’s quality and service standards.
- Ensuring that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Training of kitchen staff as directed by Chef‐in‐charge.
- Safety and cleanliness of all kitchen and food storage areas.
- Ensuring high levels of kitchen team performance.
- Contributing to creating a harmonious environment amongst all staff within the restaurant.
- Prepare and cook high quality food according to menu guidelines and recipes.
- Ensuring that all dishes reach the hot plate or passe correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the correct serving dish in the prescribed manner.
- Ensuring that all mise‐en‐place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Helping to create good communication between floor and kitchen staff and within the kitchen.
- Receiving and safe storage of food.
- Assisting with regular stock takes.
- Following correct hygienic food handling practices.
- Following the restaurant’s regular cleaning and waste disposal practices.
- Using safe work practices and supporting others to use them.
- Being fully aware of the venue’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain kitchen equipment and plant in good condition.
- Participating in team meetings and surveys.
- Attending training courses and seminars as and when required.
- Striving to study management subjects in preparation for future advancement.
- Carrying out other duties typically expected of the position as required from time to time.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Support your team during busy times.
- You can always expect to have 48 hours on full time hours.
- Free uniform provided.
- Salary based on the experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Doha: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.mycookiedough.com.