Website My Cookie Dough
Kitchen Managerial: 4 years (Required)
English well (Required)
Full Job Description
Company: My Cookie Dough
Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Cafe Manager
Location: Gate Mall – Doha, Qatar
Employment Type: 48 hours, Full time
Experience: Minimum 3 Years or More
Our little story begins, when our sweet-toothed founders met at university. They soon found they both had the knack and passion for creating delicious, sweet things, so they set out to bless the world with something truly mouth-watering.
They had made the perfect cookie dough, which was nothing like the world had seen before.
With a top-secret recipe (hush hush!) and a one-of-a-kind baking method, MyCookieDough was born. Our cookie dough is freshly baked, with a soft gooey consistency that makes the taste buds squeal in delight.
2014 our Cardiff store was born, shortly followed by stores in Birmingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City in the UK and now we are going international.
Do you have what it takes to join our MCD family? We are an innovative and growing company who is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Kitchen Manager.
As a Kitchen manager, directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING:
- Have a good work ethic and supports our brand.
- A passion for delivering the best customer service to our customers.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Thriving in a busy environment
- Enjoy working with people
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fully flexible.
- Available on weekends for working.
- Clear communication
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Truly passionate about food
- Energetic & personable
- Great organisational skills
- Open to learn
- A team player
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with cafe manager to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazard
- Leading the team to success, instilling our core values.
- Support your team during busy times.
- You can always expect to have 48 hours on full time hours.
- Free uniform provided.
- Salary based on the experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Doha: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Kitchen Managerial: 4 years (Required)
- English well (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.mycookiedough.com.