Job Summary and Purpose
The Purchasing coordinator position is under the general supervision of Purchasing Officer, and guidance of the Senior Purchasing Officer. Responsible for efficient coordination and performance of procurement functions for a diverse rangge of materials and services for the company.
To ensure all functions and situations are handled prudently, efficiently and in a professional manner to ensure that the quality, quantity and timely delivery of materials and services are in the best intrest to the company; according to applicable corporate and state laws and regulations following the department’s procedures and policies.
1. Preparation, presentation, update and maintenance of all required purchasing progress reports, material status and delivery expediting reports associated with purchasing.
2. Close monitoring of the inventory levels of the materials maintained under Material Requirements Planning (MRP) with immediate actions towards deliveries for efficient stock replemenishment as per operations demands.
3. Follow-up on orders to ensure that the required materials are shipped and delivered on the date promised by the supplier.
4. Ensure full assistance to the senior purchasing officer in arrangments, reporting, coordination for tendering and awarding contracts, call off agreements, outline agreement generation for all repetitive and periodical purchases as per the policies of the section/ department.
5. Performance of all purchases ensuring full conformance with established P&SC P&Ps.
6. Maintenance of contractors and vendors data with manpower and equipment records.
7. Maintenance of technical document package such as Technical datasheets, drawings, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), catalogues, Chain of Custody (COC), Matieral Traceability (MTC), etc.) against each material purchases.
8. Conduct value and ageing analysis of the purchased products to improve efficiency.
9. Effective coordination with the vendors, end users, and the logistics staff to ensure on-time deliveries of the material and services.
10. Coordination with the shortlisted bidder to ensure completion of all administrative processes and submission of all contract documents.
11. Coordination with the Vendors Master data maintenance team for the registration and maintenance of vendors records.
12. Seek opportunities for consolidation and assisting in setting bulk ordering schedules by establishing and managing supply agreements which are directed towards reduction of overall acquisition and inventory cost.
13. Collaborate with the joint venture companies of NAKlLAT for joint utilization of supply agreements.
14. Maintain accurate and appropriate documental records as per the P&P to ensure that the procurement process and the contractual agreements are precisely documented for accountability and audit trail purposes.
15. Provide assistance in managing the administrative process from preparation of Limted Tender Comittee (LTC) documents till the award of the contract.
16. Ensure efficient expediting of any urgent/emergency purchase orders or purchase requests as required.
Accountabilities – 2
17. Monitor the performance and generating vendor evaluation reports of the suppliers and contractors.
18. Provide updated reports and support to the end users in case of any dispute on price, delivery and quality.
19. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
20. Adhere to all relevant QHSSE policies, procedures, instructions, and controls so that NKOM provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
21. Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
22. The incumbent must be adept in decision making and maintaining quality control as well as handling problems.
23. Tracking of the Purchase Order at each stage of supply, Goods Receipt Note (GRN/IRN) posting, and ensures the close-out till the vendor gets the payment as per agreed timeline.
24. The procurement coordinator will be responsible for administration of procurements documents.
25. Regular monitoring towards suppliers and sections emails, orders acknowledgements, production and delivery status, and towards price discrepancies/increases, supply lead times, and taking corrective action as necessary
26. Ensure that the company is getting quality materials and services on time at the best cost in all situations.
27. Prepare, Maintain and update all documental (hard and soft) archives, to ensure organized records management for ready reference all the times.
Accountabilities – 3
Accountabilities – 4
Key Result Areas
- Purchasing activities associated with Corporate and Business functions are conducted in a fair and transparent manner for all parties involved and in full compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
Improving the way the purchases and inventories are managed in terms of value which accrues to the Organization
Minimizes the commercial and scheduling risks during the contract management process and procurement phase.
Interactions and Working Relations
Internal: With all sections, departments and project teams
Purpose: Progress reporting, Delivery updates, technical and commercial aspects, payments and invoicing, material status, Direct support service integrated with operations
External: Suppliers, Vendors, Contractors, Freight forwarders
Purpose: Follow-up for material deliveries and arrangements, payments, material quality rejections, expediting, timely payments, change orders.
As per TOFA
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
Diploma in Marine, Mechanical, Materials, Metallurgical, Industrial and Manufacturing, Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering. Alternatively, commensurate experience.
3 years Relevant experience in Supply Chain Process and activities
Hands on experience in SAP Material Management (MM) Module and Purchasing Related Reports
Knowledge in Vendor performance and Evaluation process
Strong coordination capabilities among vendors and internal stakholders
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Knowledge in Procurement & Supply Chain Operations
2. Global sourcing skills
3. Vendor and Contract Management
4. Procurement skills
5. Product knowledge
6. Knowledge of contract terms and conditions
7. Thorough Knowledge of INCOTERMS
8. Commercial Negotiation Skills
9. Familiarity with shipyard materials
11. Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply Chain, Buyer, Procurement, QA, Operations, Quality
To apply for this job please visit careers.nakilat.com.