ITS Operations Manager
Parsons is working with leading public service organizations to orchestrate large scale O&M transformation for ITS activities for programs that drives Service Delivery Excellence, Operational Efficiencies, Capability Building, Change Management, and Outsource Maximization.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented ITS Operations Manager to join our team! In this role you will manage large ITS Operations and Maintenance portfolio on behalf of the client. The ITS O&M Technical Director will demonstrate technical and professional competency in Intelligent transportation and traffic technologies that improves planning, management, and operation & maintenance of urban transportation systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review and analyze the transport and traffic network and diagnose current challenges in managing operations and maintenance.
- Identify gaps and improvement opportunities on the traffic signal system and its road infrastructure particularly for major transport links.
- Develop comprehensive transport and traffic management O&M plans that aims to improve and innovate the services relating to different modes of transport and traffic management and enable users to make informed, safer, coordinated, and smarter use of transport networks.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation, checking and fine-tuning of traffic signal timing plans with the associated before and after studies in coordination with project traffic engineering team. Review and recommend process improvements as needed to enhance Traffic Signal Operations related activities.
- Continuously review communications to identify operational and system issues and propose suitable solutions to the client and implement those solutions in close coordination with ITS Engineers.
- Consult, coordinate, and collaborate with client engineers, to better understand traffic conditions and traffic signal operations issues and develop strategies to tackle those issue and present them to the client.
- Work closely with the senior transportation and traffic team members in the preparation of various strategies and timing plans required for the successful management of mega events as per the existing Traffic Management Plan (TMP).
- Oversee staff members and provide direction and technical guidance to ensure improvements in service quality and user experience.
- Review and provide recommendations for revising the existing Traffic Signal Maintenance Contract for effective and efficient operations of traffic signals.
- Write reports, delivers presentations, communicates concepts and deliverables to client.
- Ensure compliance with all legal regulations with regards to data and information security.
- Monitor the maintenance teams responsible for maintaining the traffic system, which includes scheduling their work, providing necessary equipment and tools, and ensuring their work is completed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders including local authorities, government agencies, sub-contractors and community groups.
- Manage all 3rd party contractors/ sub-contractors, including negotiation of O&M contracts with sub-contractors.
- Knowledge Transfer to client’s Engineer related to different types of latest Local/centralized Traffic system operations and capability to make selection. Driving maintenance training and upskilling programs for the continuous development of O&M staff and department’s personnels.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in IT/ Electronics / Civil Engineer with 10+ years of proven experience in the implementing and operating ITS projects.
- Extensive knowledge of leading-edge ITS and telecommunications technologies for the planning, engineering, system integration, operations and maintenance project delivery and the operations of city transportation and traffic systems.
- Experience in leading and managing long term O&M contracts.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Arabic an advantage.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Ensure that all maintenance work and operations for the ITS system comply with safety policies, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Ensure O&M costs are in line with project budget and recommend cost-saving opportunities.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit parsons.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.