Website Plastic Bank
About the job
Game Changers wanted! Are you looking for a challenging opportunity at a trailblazing and fast-growing impact company that combines positive social and environmental impact?
Founded in 2013, Plastic Bank is a social impact scale-up creating a movement of Ocean Stewards spread all around the world. By collecting, recycling and reprocessing ocean-bound plastic and supporting collector communities (all on our blockchain-secured platform), we help reduce the need for virgin plastic while creating lasting positive environmental, social, and economic impact.
Come join our Plastic Bank team and make your mark in changing the world’s relationship with plastic.
The mission for this role is leading the acquisition of new partners for Social Plastic® feedstock, and taking ownership of generating new revenue streams. Potential new partners will be – but not limited to: brands, plastics manufacturers and recyclers, packaging companies … but also plastics resellers and distributors. Our blockchain-secured platform Alchemy™ enables traceable collection, secures income for community members and verifies reporting. The collected material is then processed into Social Plastic® feedstock for reuse in products and packaging that support ethical recycling communities. We are humble to work with great partners such as SC Johnson, Henkel, Advansa, Scancom to whom we supply high quality materials (rPET, rHDPE, rLDPE, rPP).
We are looking for candidates to join us in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific in parallel. This role is home-based / fully remote.
We are also welcoming applications from retired employees, who would like to contribute in one or another way!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Build new business from scratch – from research, to prospecting, to building pipeline, to closing new business, you own the revenue number
- Establish relationships with new clients at all levels to achieve the status of ‘Trusted Advisor’ within our clients’ organizations
- Become an expert at client education and strong positioning of Plastic Bank’s Social Plastic value proposition
- Provide thought leadership to customers – create strong champions who actively advocate for Plastic Bank
- Coordinate with internal resources to deliver an outstanding customer experience in every interaction
- Practice exacting pipeline management and forecasting capabilities – daily usage of Salesforce.com and related tools managing accounts, leads, contacts, and opportunities according to sales department best practices, policies, and procedures
- Be working in multifunctional teams inside Plastic Bank as well as within our clients involving Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Legal
What you ideally bring:
- You have 7+ years of significant and relevant experience in a sales, business development, procurement role in the area of plastics (e.g. raw materials, recycled materials, packaging) – ideally combined with a strong track record across the mid to large enterprise level customer segments. Experience in the area of plastics is a must, and an extensive network is a clear plus.
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Proven track record of building and growing a book of business through prospecting, creating opportunities, value-added selling and closing deals in a given territory and verticals.
- Ability to manage conversations across multiple internal and external stakeholders with different levels of seniority spanning various functions – C-Suite, CSR, R&D, Marketing, Procurement, Legal, etc.
- Tenacity, perseverance, and resilience in the steadfast pursuit of your goals.
- An entrepreneur mind-set and delight in working in a fast paced environment, dealing with ambiguity, and proposing solutions.
- Natural curiosity and thirst for learning evidenced by ongoing reading, course-work, and formal sales training.
- Enthusiasm for sustainability and commitment to having an impact.
- Experience working in/with sustainability/environment/social issues would be a nice-to-have
- Fluency in English is required. Any additional language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally – approximately 10%
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems would be a nice to have
Our proposition to you:
We offer an exciting opportunity to join and grow in an organization that strives to create a lasting positive impact for both the environment and the collector communities.
We provide a very high level of flexibility and career growth in a fast-growing global organization. With us you’ll know you are in the right place if…
- You thrive working on a team and operating autonomously and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are independent, optimistic, and naturally curious
- You lead yourself effectively in order to be able to lead others, regardless of title or role
- You embrace change and ambiguity with vigor
- You connect personally with our mission and our values (Create, Gather Together, Reveal Value, Love).
We are looking forward to your application (in English) – please include your LinkedIn URL and 5 bullet points on why this opportunity is a strong mutual fit. Please directly apply using this link: https://plasticbank.bamboohr.com/careers/52 Due to a high volume of applicants, please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions in advance please reach out to Johannes, Head of Global Talent Acquisition: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.