Website Qatar Museum Authority
The program Coordinator is a role within the public and family program responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing art educational programs for children, school groups and other audiences.
- Support the overarching Mathaf’s vision and strategy in all area of the described role.
- Provides a framework for creative/instructional activities around the Mathaf collection.
- Implements instructional, creative and enjoyable activities that contribute to a climate where young children are actively engaged in meaningful learning of Mathaf permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
- Provides a positive environment in which children are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, teachers, peers, and community.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with school groups, teachers, families, students, and peers.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs – with a focus on Early Learners.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Being responsible for the room(s) in which teaching takes place, about classroom management, organization of materials/resources and display.
- Collaborates with other colleagues to enhance the instructional environment.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her performance goals.
- Participates in training and presentations.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- Covering for absent colleagues in accordance with Art Education schedules.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are always adhered.
- Support the work of all staff and encourage an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual trust within the team.
- Other tasks as requested by the Head.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or English.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of creative skills and competency.
- Highly organized.
- Can work as part of a team.
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Ability to tackle problems creatively.
- Knowledge of current art/design/craft trends.
- Punctual attitude.
- An interest in professional development.
- Competent in computer literacy.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- BA Degree in relevant field and Art Teacher Certificate or PGCE.
- 0 – 3 years of work experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qm.org.qa.