The Head of Visitor Services will oversee all visitor services staff and operations including reception, ticketing, greeting, hosting, tours, some public programs, volunteers, administrative, managerial, and performance-based aspects of the Visitor Services. The Head of Visitor Services will coordinate, roster, and manage visitor services staff, execute a ticketing system, booking and visitor statistics reporting systems; and assist with the development, production and implementation of standard operating procedures and systems for front of house operations.
- Organize and administer the overall operation of the visitor services division and oversee the visitor services staff.
- Develop and document all policies and procedures relevant to all VS operations.
- Assemble and analyses relevant data, and prepare and deliver reports, detailing visitor services activities, to the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Develop and maintain budgets and budgetary goals as requested.
- Ensure budget and responsibility performance targets are met and tracked via the development and implementation of a broad system of departmental and employee performance metrics, reporting products, and tracking systems.
- Work with the Head of Facility & Security and his staff to implement and conduct periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures.
- Manage the recruiting and hiring of visitor services division personnel.
- Oversee the development and coordination of all job-specific training and on-going education programs for the visitor services staff, including incorporating knowledgeable and appropriate background material in coordination with Museum Department staff.
- Ensure that all visitor services staff maintain excellent visitor service standards and adhere to Mathaf policies, systems, and procedures.
- Oversee the organization and administration of the visitor services volunteer program.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints that cannot be settled at the supervisory level, including managing, and responding to patron’s complaints regarding any ticket or admissions issues.
- Assist any special interest groups, to provide a unique on-site experience for a select number of visitors.
- Prepare periodic Committee/Executive-level reports, presentations, and/or agendas on budgeting, system performance, proposed improvements and any necessary further analysis as needed.
- Maintains excellent communication levels within the Department and across QM other departments.
- Represents the department/organization as appropriate within the organization, locally and internationally.
- Collaborates and build working relationships with related business stakeholders, external vendors &service suppliers, and international museum & industry peers.
- Manages the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the Section.
Necessary knowledge to be able to do the job.
- A minimum of five years’ equivalent management experience in public customer/visitor service.
- Excellent reading, and speaking skills in English and Arabic
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to resolve guest and/or staff conflicts
- Interest in modern and contemporary art
- Sensitivity to cultural differences across Arab, Western, and other nationalities
- Ability to engage with children and adults in a welcoming, energetic, friendly, outgoing, and professional manner
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Masters preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three year’s visitor services management or supervisory experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qm.org.qa.