To provide specialized technical support to Head of Maintenance on the matters specific to the field of Mechanical Engineering and HVAC Systems also considering the sustainability aspect.
- To provide specialized and comprehensive mechanical engineering and HVAC associated support for the new projects related to the modifications of QM’s various facilities.
- To provide specialized and comprehensive mechanical engineering/HVAC support for resolving the related problems coming up during the day to day operational/maintenance activities at the various QM’s sites.
- Write comprehensive Scope of works for the related tenders.
- Play a lead role in the testing and commissioning of the new facilities/equipment.
- Play a lead role in building handover vis-à-vis new sites from the contractor.
- Take a lead role in the preparation and subsequent management of annual budget.
- Play a lead role in devising procedures and methods for the conservation of energy.
- Should have good knowledge and considerable experience in the field of implementing sustainability processes and procedures.
Necessary knowledge to be able to do the job.
- Thorough Theoretical as well as Practical knowledge along with Hands on Experience on the Rotating as well as Reciprocating Equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Diesel/Petrol/Gas Engines, Turbines, Pneumatic Systems, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Units, Packaged A/C Units, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Exhaust Fans, Fresh Air In-take Fans, Control Valves, Fan Coil Units, Air Curtains, Water Towers, Heaters, BMS, Emergency Power Generators, Mechanical as well as Automatic Control Valves, Performance & Load Analysis on various machines, Various machine wear & tear investigative tools & procedures, Energy Conservation mechanisms etc.
- Very good problem analyzing and resolving skills related to the equipment.
- Excellent Computer proficiency
- Well versed with Sustainability processes & procedures.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- BSC or Engineering degree in Mechanical.
- Certification from the international/local regulatory bodies.
- Minimum 8 years’ engineering experience in Qatar.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qm.org.qa.