Website Qatar Museums
- Works closely with the Head of collection Management in organizing and managing work in collection management and documentation
- Coordinates tasks, activities and project with other team’s ion collection section.
- Coordinates works on backlog of documentation.
- Working closely with curators, coordinate all incoming loans for exhibitions ensuring all relevant deadlines are met
- Collect and monitor environment reports in exhibition spaces and report any issues of concern
- Administer approved outgoing loans from the GC collection according to agreed procedures
- Manage the reproduction of images of collection items for internal or external purposes, including attributions, copyright and commercial arrangements
- Facilities and digitalization of collection and upload in CMS.
- Checks and priorities improving documentation quality of existing records
- Create new records both digital and paper; oversee maintenance of paper files and archives.
- Supervises implementation of Barcoding system implemented by all teams
- Supervise and support volunteers and interns.
- Organises and uundertakes retrospective documentation and cataloguing of the collection according to a planned program of work, using CMS
- Play a key role in managing and maintaining the CMS, including: data entry according to defined standards and business rules; maintaining records of the location and movement of objects; coordinating regular upgrades and maintenance of the system and data; making recommendations to improve
processes and use of CMSfunctionality; Prepare CMS records to be included in the online database
- Assist with maximising access to the collection for internal audiences and answer general enquiries (including photographic enquiries).
- Maintain high standards of interdepartmental communication.
- Assist other sections with access to the collection, documentation and alike.
- Support the objectives of the General Collection Strategy.
- Create digital resources including images which can be added to the CMS as well as uploaded to the website.
- Performs quality check and data-entry verifications.
- Assist in the movement and arrangement of the collection in existing and to new storage building and rooms.
- Uses QM CMS system to document and improve departments documentation
- To support developing and delivering regular staff training in the context of the collection documentation.
- Drafts and to comply with job related policies, procedures, and standards for museum practices
- Creates annual list of purchases required for carrying out collection documentation
- Able to prioritize the ability to develop strategies for preventive care of objects individually, quickly, and accurately when project requires;
- Ability to take direction & be receptive to constructive feedback
- To support all other departmental activities as Required.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in collection care and management.
- Average understanding and skills of collection management system, preferably KeEMu.
- Knowledge of contemporary practices of time-based conservation and collection care and management.
- Demonstrated strength to coordinate and work with teams collaboratively on complex projects.
- Ability to work eﬀectively under pressure and in self-motivated and dynamic way to meet deadlines, enjoying freedom to work on one’s own at the same time as follow direction.
- Strong organizational skills are essential, with ability to priorities and organize complex and multiple activities.
- Good writing skills with precise attention to details.
- Personable and engaging in social settings and experienced with public speaking.
- Strong computer and software skills essential, preferably within PC environment (Oﬃce 365).
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit careers.qm.org.qa.