Website VCU ARTS
Short Details of VCU ARTS Qatar Careers 2023 For Network Systems Engineer Jobs In Doha: Job seekers in Qatar looking for careers in VCU ARTS have great opportunities at the VCU ARTS career portal. VCU ARTS has published a notification for Network Systems Engineer. Those candidates are interested and eligible for the recruitment position. Find out more about VCU ARTS Jobs Doha. Apply for Network Systems Engineer Jobs in Doha, Qatar. However, before applying, please visit the VCU ARTS official website.
VCU ARTS Qatar is now hiring for a Network Systems Engineer Jobs In Doha. Candidates looking for VCU ARTS Jobs vacancies in Doha will find this best job opportunity. This job is for a Network Systems Engineer looking to work in VCU ARTS Qatar. This is the best job in VCU ARTS Qatar, which is a company or department office.Experience in a relevant field is required. You will also have the opportunity to work in a high-paying job through VCU ARTS Qatar.
The details about the VCU ARTS Qatar Vacancy For Network Systems Engineer below show the position as per the VCU ARTS Qatar careers page. This post contains all the details you need about VCU ARTS Qatar Jobs.
Short Information About VCU ARTS Qatar Jobs:
Company Name: VCU ARTS Qatar
Job Profile: Network Systems Engineer
Job Location: Doha
VCU ARTS Network Systems Engineer Job Description:
Network Systems Engineer
Under the general direction of the Senior Systems Engineer of Technology Services, the Network Systems Engineer helps users achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, training, and problem resolution for the local and wide area networks. The incumbent will also be responsible for the configuration, operation, and administration of network server hardware, operating systems, and communications links.
Reports to: Senior Systems Engineer
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Researches and examines new system advancements and presents recommendations for upgrading existing infrastructure, as well as leads and manages the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability, and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Maintains the VCUarts Qatar servers (physical and virtual) and storage related to files and applications, and provides technical support, responds to inquiries from the users,analyses and solves reported network and system problems.
- Manages the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data, and leads and manages network design, technology upgrade, or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software, and integration
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software, as well as works with Telecommunications systems to integrate voice, data, and video applications on the local and wide area networks. Performs basic telephone maintenance as required and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining VOIP.
- Monitors the network infrastructure for security-related threats and implements configurations and procedures to protect the data and network resources. This includes, but not limited to configuration and maintenance of security devices such as firewalls, and intrusion detection and protection systems.
- Monitors, maintains, and administers the network systems. Including but not limited to Cisco IOS & NX-OS, Unity, Call Manager, Jabber, VPN, Palo Alto firewall, Juniper wireless, F5 WAF, and Network Performance Monitor (zabbix/manage engine).
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrades administrative tools and utilities. Configures/adds new services as necessary, and secures and Maintains IDF and MDF network hardware such as switches and routers.
- Conducts regular network performance, high availability, and vulnerability tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of work experience with a minimum of two years’ experience installing and maintaining local wide area networks required.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise.
- Must have technical certifications, for example, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, CompTIA, Dell, etc, and technical training in personal computer hardware and/or software, servers, local and wide area networks, Security, Routers and Switching.
- Master’s degree in computer science, or related field.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse range of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, faculty, staff, students, and goals;
- Superior proven project management skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience; high attention to detail and a strong sense of aesthetics;
- Experience with project collaboration and working with academic, community, cultural and educational institutions in an inclusive and culturally sensitive manner;
- Proven customer service sensibility; must be flexible in a fast-paced environment and able to work under deadline pressures;
- Experience with procurement and purchasing and budget management; quantitative and analytical skills are required in order to follow budgets and to understand contracts;
- Knowledge of the VCUarts Qatar programs, Education City, and the Doha area preferred.
- Experience working in an educational institute, in Doha and/or the Gulf region preferred.
- Preferred demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
To apply for this job please visit arts.vcu.edu.